Top Things not to do on the Internet… ever!
The Internet is a crazy place, full of potholes, maniacs, bad guys, and folks who are out to do one thing… separate you from your cold hard cash. These are the Top Items that you must avoid doing on the Internet…
- Never buy merchandise found in pop up ads or spam.
- Encourages the spammers and this ilk to continue socially unacceptable means to sell
- The spammers aren’t always legitimate, and may abscond with your money.
- Doesn’t count, of course, with previously established relationships… but double check for false “acceptable spam” from third parties pretending to be someone else…
- E-mail address… going to get spam…
- Phone number… do you really want phone calls in the middle of the night?
- Address… How many people are on the Internet? With your home address?
- Social Security Number… We have enough problems with them guessing it…
- Patch Tuesday is important… need to make sure things are running OK elsewhere, but other than that, feel free to update. Automatic updates are even better in my book.
- Viruses, Trojans, Worms, and more… it’s a disaster waiting to happen.
- The firewall is just like the antivirus software. It’s a measure of protection.
- Think of it as a bouncer, letting only the proper information through.
- That indicates that it’s a secure session with the folks taking your information!
- Not even to mess with their minds… it’s not worth your time and hassle.
- OK, forward the funny stuff once in a while, or even modify the chain letter to merely pass along the interesting story… but “you’re going to have no friends if you don’t…” is just amazingly crass, bad, and obnoxious.
- This includes the ones that say you don’t love Jesus and you are doomed to eternal destruction if you don’t pass them along… it’s scripturally unsound.
- If someone can guess your password, then you’re vulnerable…
- Change them now… change all of your passwords often. It’s for your safety!
Remember that we also encourage you to submit your ideas for coverage. If we use your original idea on the show, we’ll send you something from the grab box!