Proximo™ Starter Kit
- Attach to different items, keys, laptop bags, car, etc.
- Free iOS app for your Bluetooth 4 device (iPhone 4S or later, iPad 3 or later)
- Pairing is really simple once you figure it out. I don’t always use instructions, just to test intuitive designs.
- There’s just a small little button to press to activate pairing that was hard to find, but once I figured it out, it was easy.
- Up to 5 fobs/tags… Fob is two way, tag is one way.
- Various ranges can be set for the devices, so you can keep some items close, but others can get further away.
- Downside: accidental activations and reactivations at the fringe edges
- Downside: limited amount of phones that it’s compatible with.
- Downside: Explaining to your wife that it’s OK to lose things as long as you can still find them.
- One item that I didn’t see referenced, but perfectly valid in todays parenting world… put a fob with your child, in a pocket, and either of you can find each other quickly.
- This was the best choice for a nerdy gift for mom this mothers day.