A 10 year old asked for a challenge from the famous home assistant Alexa. The result was to plug in a phone charger about halfway into a wall outlet, then touch a penny to the exposed prongs. The 10 year old fortunately knew better, but this resulted in a lot of shock to parents everywhere. This electrifying information didn’t originate with Alexa, but a challenge found on the web. Amazon was stunned, and flipped a switch to kill the electric idea. But not before they suffered from the jolt of bad press.

A 10-year-old girl asked Alexa for a challenge, and the smart speaker suggested one that could have led to her getting electrocuted, which forced Amazon to jump in and fix the issue quickly.