Computer Talk Radio is a nationally syndicated broadcast radio program on computers, technology, and your life. Benjamin Rockwell, the show host and a computer nerd, leads the team as the expert guide through the technical jungle of jargon, and the valleys of viruses, to reach the pinnacle of power of your computer problems. Additional team members Keith M. Sedor, Marty Winston, Steve Keske, and Pastor Mark, all help along the way each week with their own words of wisdom.
This week's contents:
- 00:00 - News of the nerd world - Elon Musk, Yelp, Kroger, Facebook, Netflix, and more
- 11:00 - Why did it die so fast? - Benjamin reflects on planned obsolecense in computing
- 22:00 - Charging your phone - Keith covers smartphone charging idea called MagFast
- 31:00 - Shorthand history - Benjamin covers how we got certain abbreviations in tech
- 39:00 - Past Future Imperfect - A look back at a 100 year old prediction of remote medical
- 44:00 - Right to Repair laws - Current and new laws protecting the consumer
- 56:00 - Making PC repair easier - Benjamin outlines tips for streamlining the repair game
- 1:07:00 - 40 Year House - Marty outlines the house in adaptive colors
- 1:16:00 - How the world has changed - Steve covers advances in genealogy research due to tech
- 1:24:00 - Independence Day thoughts - Benjamin closes with thoughts about our forefathers
Filetype: MP3 - Size: 41.21MB - Duration: 1:30:02 m (64 kbps 44100 Hz)
Benjamin has been hosting this broadcast radio program since Janaury 2008, and hopes you enjoy every minute of it.
Some stations across the country receive special feeds that include only a portion of the entire broadcast. This podcast includes all of the material that is provided in the national release. That's 80 minutes of content each week, a fresh broadcast every week since we started, with no "best-of" programs, or even a week off. Benjamin believes that your computer doesn't rest, so neither should you!
The older files from previous years are still available on-line at the following location: